PHP Classes

Not a PHP class.

Recommend this page to a friend!

vCard Class  >  All threads  >  Not a PHP class.  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Not a PHP class.
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:freakqnc
Date:2011-02-24 05:01:00
Update:2011-02-27 07:21:08

freakqnc rated this package as follows:

Utility: Bad
Consistency: Not sure
Documentation: Insufficient
Examples: Insufficient

1. Not a PHP class.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of freakqnc freakqnc - 2011-02-24 05:01:00
Not a PHP class. PHTML file type is primarily associated with 'Embedded Perl (ePerl) File'. Although renders in the browser attempt to load a .vcf file would return the error saying something about "must load local file, use Browse button"... That's exactly what was being done. Not a reliable script but looks very promising. Wish was in PHP and working.

2. Re: Not a PHP class.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Slava Ivanov Slava Ivanov - 2011-02-24 15:11:38 - In reply to message 1 from freakqnc
This is association of the file extension "PHTML" of your sever environment. Change the files extension to "PHP" or whatever you use for PHP scripts and class will work for you. Don't forget to change includes names as well.

The class was written a quiet while ago and I am not sure myself if it's reliable, but if you didn't manage to even run the script how could you judge reliability? Try to ran it as PHP script and may be you will be satisfied, otherwise I am sure it's easy to find another developer class.

Best regards.

3. Re: Not a PHP class.   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of freakqnc freakqnc - 2011-02-27 07:21:08 - In reply to message 2 from Slava Ivanov
Thanks for your reply Slava,

The class is indeed dated, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway because was not as easy as you think to find other decent classes for free.

I tested it on my server and rendered fine, though would not recognize the file that had just been selected for upload by browsing to it via the Browse button... so something may not be working with the current configuration of our server.

As far as the phtml extension I was referring to the files I downloaded. They are not PHP but PHTML and that has nothing to do with the server where they run on, the server recognized them just fine. Also the code in the file has the start/end <? ?> tags, not <?PHP ?> maybe that's has something to do with the problem?

Well anyways I won't be using this as it's not working and by what you said you likely have no time to spend on it, so I thank you again for your time and send you many thanks for sharing.

Best! :)