I know phpclasses by a friend, at somm years ago ... !!
I frequent phpclasses so mutch time ... !!
PhpClasses, its a great and very good site for php classes, questions, ... !!
I think that 2008, it has very good, but it will be better in 2009 !! loool
In 2008, appears a job section, and a lot of the foruns for premium users has opened to all users
To 2009, i think that need:
- A new look / face
- A most organized information (a left menu: jobs, classes, ...)
- Most organized newsletter (a lot of text, and essencial links to contents), why not has a toc, and clicing in a link, it opens only this section ??
- Better statistics to users accesses ... actualy only numbers, and months as tabs, why tabs isnt years, and in a year it has a little table with month and a total of accesses, and clicing in this month show more details.
And why not a graph, for better understand this accesses ??
Manuel Lemos - 2009-01-08 00:22:51 - In reply to message 1 from Josť Filipe Lopes Santos
I am not sure what do you mean by a "Most organized newsletter".
The newsletter page is just a copy of the newsletter message that is sent to all subscribers. Do you mean you would like to have something like a tab or accordion based navigation of the newsletter page?
As for the statistics, the site only keeps track of the last access of each user to the files of each package .
The site could show some charts of the users that accessed each package, but since it does not keep track of past download of a package by the same user, do you think it would still be useful to show the charts showing the growth of users that downloaded each package?
Josť Filipe Lopes Santos - 2009-01-08 14:04:30 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Refecting better, i mean that the ideal think to newsletter is:
- Cut the max of the images in the newsletter (me, im my computer, dont see the images, only boxes in this places, i'm using Evolution), or study a way to open images in all email software (thunderbird, evolution, ...)
- A shortest table of the contents, cuting spaces between links, may be in a table ... !! :-)
- lastest php jobs, maybe on one table with columns description, location ...
- lastest php classes blog posts, in a table with the links and date
- Latest regional PHP User Group submissions, too in a table
- Nominees to win the award of December of 2008, may be a table like Innovation award results
- Latest package entries too in a table
- lastest news in a table
In this mode, the newsletter, may be better more compact, and if users are interested, click in the links ... !!
Another way, is show a table, with 2 columns, in the left another table with the table of contents, and in the right the lastest package entries, if a people is interested, click in these links
I think that a graph is useful for professional accesses, to compare better months with most acesses or less acceses ... !!
But the table with the number of accesses mantains ... !!
It will be for the packages accessed or download ... !!
These graphs only transforms the acccess counts, in a graph, like a line, bars, or a mix bars an line
Example x line is the months, y line the number of accesses, the line graph, represent the variation of the accesses