Author: Manuel Lemos
Last month viewers: 10
Categories: PHP Tutorials, Lately in PHP Podcast
So it is expected that some fixes may be necessary after a PHP version upgrade. Still, you may not even be aware of all the fixes you may need to do after the upgrade.
This situation is where other human beings can help you complete the quality control of the PHP version upgrade process.
Read this article, watch a 2-minute video, or listen to part 8 of episode 92 of the Lately in PHP podcast to learn how you can use the help of other human beings to assure the control of the quality of your applications after a PHP version upgrade.
In this article you can learn:
How to Plan a PHP Version Upgrade Successfully
1. Previous Article: Why You Need to Choose the Right Moment to Upgrade to a New PHP Version
2. Previous Article: When Is the Right Time to Upgrade
3. Previous Article: How to Plan a PHP Version Upgrade Successfully
4. Previous Article: How to Setup a Development Environment Separate from the Production Environment
5. Previous Article: What Are Your App Features to Test First Before a PHP Version Upgrade
6. Previous Article: Test Crucial PHP and Environment Features Next
7. Previous Article: The Right Order to Execute the Steps to Upgrade to a New PHP Version
8. This Article: How to Verify if an Upgrade Really Succeeded
9. Next Article: Monitor Your Logos to Check if Your PHP Applications Are Working Well After a PHP Version Upgrade
Download Size: 3MB Listeners: 495
Introduction music obtained with permission from: http://spoti.fi/NCS
Sound effects obtained with permission from: https://www.zapsplat.com/
In iTunes, use the Subscribe to Podcast... item of the Advanced menu, and then enter the URL above to subscribe to this podcast.
See the Lately in PHP podcast play list on YouTube and Subscribe to this channel there.
Episode 92 Part 8 Video
3. What Should You Do Upgrade Successfully
3.6. How to Verify if an Upgrade Really Succeeded
The next step is to verify if the upgrade really succeed.
You need to have tests for every change that you make.
Because these are really really important I don't suggest to do tests for every little thing that you have in your application, but the tests that you need to do are for crucial things like the tools that need to run on your server.
But the most important test is not in the software. It's in the humans, the people that will access your site and you should be concerned with them too because they will do the final test.
If the technical test passed, the human test also need to test so first you do the technical tests software tools scripts that verify if that's succeeded and then you do the human testing.
Often you don't have people at reach to ask them if all went well.
So what you can do is to make sure your users can contact you. How?
You can have contact forms, email addresses that they can send you messages telling you: oh there is an issue here.
You can also have phone numbers, you can also provide a similar number to give them access to your contact via WhatsApp or Facebook messenger.
It's whatever you prefer.
Just provide as many forms of contact as possible because different users prefer to use different means of communication.
You need to be a registered user or login to post a comment
Login Immediately with your account on:
No comments were submitted yet.