Author: Manuel Lemos
Updated on: 2022-02-28
Posted on: 2022-02-22
Viewers: 159 (February 2022 until August 2022)
Last month viewers: 4 (August 2022)
Categories: PHP Tutorials, Lately in PHP Podcast
If you are good at solving a programming problem, you will be more appreciated if you share what you learned to solve that problem.
Teaching in a way that is efficient to pass your programming knowledge is a problem that you need to solve.
Many developers try to teach what they know using tutorial articles. Unfortunately, not every developer knows how to create good tutorial articles that help other developers solve the programming problems they know how to solve.
Fortunately, there is an excellent method to teach how to solve any problem. The explanation of that method is the advice given in part 4 of the Lately in PHP podcast episode 90.
Read this article, watch a 4-minute podcast video, or listen to this podcast episode to learn more about this teaching method using tutorial articles.
In this article you can learn:
What Pieces of Advice You Can Get as a Developer
1. Previous article: Be a Good Community Member Sharing Your Open Source Work in Community Sites
2. Previous article: Use a Readable PHP Coding Style
3. Previous article: Share Reusable Classes with Simple Documentation and Example Code
4. This article: Share Nice Tutorial Articles to Help Other Developers Learn Step by Step
5. Next article: Find a Mentor to Learn From His/Her Experience Faster
Download Size: 1MB Listeners: 520
Introduction music provided by http://spoti.fi/NCS
In iTunes, use the Subscribe to Podcast... item of the Advanced menu, and then enter the URL above to subscribe to this podcast.
See the Lately in PHP podcast play list on YouTube and Subscribe to this channel there.
Episode 90 Part 4 Video
4. Share Nice Tutorial Articles to Help Other Developers Learn Step by Step
Learning to use a new component can be hard if you need to read the component code to understand it. Documentation and examples make the learning task simpler.
However, there is a better approach on how to teach others to use your components. That is to write tutorial articles for the most common use cases that your packages can be useful.
This can be as simple as writing a cooking recipe:
1. First, you describe the purpose of your component.
2. Then, you list any other components that may be necessary to use your component, just like the ingredients you need to list in a cooking recipe.
3. Finally, you list all the steps that other developers need to follow to use your component to solve their problems.
4. If possible, add nice screenshots, code samples, and demonstration videos in your tutorial, so other developers can see how it actually works.
5. Next: Find a Mentor to Learn From His/Her Experience Faster
You need to be a registered user or login to post a comment
1,601,713 PHP developers registered to the PHP Classes site.
Be One of Us!
Login Immediately with your account on:
No comments were submitted yet.